Once you start writing blogs, one of the significant problems that you might suffer from is getting low traffic. There can be many reasons behind this low traffic, including poor content and irrelevance. Finding out the reason can be a bit tricky for any blogger, but the results for this low traffic are more or less the same for everyone. They don’t get enough revenues, as to get more sponsors and ads, you need enough traffic on your blog. For all those bloggers who are having a hard time gaining enough audience, here are some of the tips that work and would allow you to get enough traffic to make your blog a success.
1- Work On The SEO
The first and the most important thing for any blogger to work on is the Search Engine Optimization (SEO). What this basically means is that you add some keywords that would allow your blog to appear on Google before all the other blogs. In other words, it will be highlighted more on the search engine so that more audience can get attracted to it. There are some other things that you need to keep in mind when working on SEO.
- Results from working on the SEO takes a bit of time and dedication, so if you start working on it from the very beginning, you will start to see the positive results sooner.
- It is necessary that you amend every blog post around a keyword.
- It is one of the easiest method of increasing traffic on your blog, so don’t get disheartened if you don’t see results in the beginning. You will eventually get higher traffic with SEO.
Overall, working on the SEO the right way is the first and foremost step towards higher traffic on your blog.
2- Write Shorter And Precise Blogs
Consider yourself the reader for a while and not the blogger. What is the one thing that readers like the most? That’s right. Readers love blogs that are short and to the point. Nobody wants to read a blog that is ten pages long with too much extra information. For instance, if you are writing a blog on “how to set up an iPhone,” make sure that everything in it is related to setting up the iPhone. Nobody wants to know what an iPhone is, or how good the newer model is as compared to the older ones. The reason they opened your blog was to find the answer to their query, and that was to know how to set it up.
Hence, make sure that you write precise and to the point short blogs, so people read it entirely and build their interest. As more people click on your link and spend time on it, it will be recommended to other people as well. The end result would be higher traffic to your blogs. Also, there are times when you write everything to the point, but it is still a lot to read. This can be a bit of a problem as people don’t spend time reading blogs as much. Here, what you can do is try to summarize the blog in such a way that no essential elements are disregarded, but the readers get what they came for to the blog.
3- Create Audience Profiles
Another great way to get insights into your audience is to create audience profiles on your blog to understand the users. This should be one of the first steps after making a blog, so you can get to know what your target audience is and what they are looking for at your blog. Building an audience framework is fairly easy if you can answer the following questions.
- What is your target audience?
- What are the difficulties they are facing that you can help them resolve?
- What is the kind of content your audience is looking for?
- How would your audience admirably find the answers to their queries?
If you have the answers to these questions in your mind, it will allow you to get a clearer representation of your target audience.
Moreover, if you want to understand your target audience more specifically, you can look at the age, occupation, gender, education, and other personal characteristics of your audience.
Once you get to know your audience, getting in more traffic to your blog will be much easier, considering you write what your audience demands and what attracts them.
4- Make The Content Readable
Making your content comprehensive and to the point is not the only thing that will retain your audience. The problem for most of the readers on the internet is that they have a short attention span. This means that wherever they find some difficulty reading or understanding something, it is highly likely that they switch to some other blog that would help them. Hence, it is highly recommended that your content is easy to read and understand by the audience, no matter what you write. Here are some of the tips that you can follow to make your content more readable.
- Use smaller sentences and add paragraphs. It should look like a blog and not an essay for your exam.
- Always make sure to use larger font sizes, readable font types, and tons of line spacing.
- Check the readability score of your content. There are tons of online free and paid applications for it. A higher readability score is considered better, ideally above 65.
- Check your grammar and edit all your grammatical mistakes using online applications.
- Use as many visual elements as possible without making your blog look too extra. Add images, gifs, videos, charts, etc.
The more readable your content is, the more likely it is that once a person starts reading it, they won’t need to switch to any other blog for better understanding. Their interest and attention would stay on your blog.
5- Utilize Social Media
The last major thing that you need to focus on is utilizing social media to promote your blogs. As you might already know, social media is a great way to advertise and promote almost anything. Therefore, you need to use this power to your advantage and promote your content as much as possible. There are some general ways to promote your blogs. Here are a few of them.
- Make sure that your older blogs don’t die. What you can do to prevent them from dying is to share them on your social media platforms regularly.
- Give the option to your readers to share the blog directly to their social media, so if they like it, they can always share it with their friends and family.
- Comment your blogs in different online communities and give expert opinions and suggestions, so people build interest and look for your blogs.
- Make your online groups on different platforms. Once the community starts to increase in your groups, the traffic would eventually begin to grow as well.
- Try and participate in as many Q&A websites as possible and try to impress people with your knowledge and ways.
- Try to engage with social media influencers, as it is an excellent way for favorable publicity.
Don’t limit yourself to these few tips only. There are tons more that you can find and use social media to your advantage in the long term and increase the traffic.
Overall, these were five of the most crucial things that you need to keep in mind when blogging to make sure that you get the target audience that you deserve. It takes a lot of dedication, but once the traffic starts coming in, the skies are the limit.